Allows Retail Coin Dealers to Offer Interactive Customer Experience
ADDISON, TX (September 17, 2015) – Dillon Gage Metals, an international precious metals wholesaler, has launched an innovative point of sale component on FizTrade.com for retail coin dealers. Now, customers can have an immersive in-store experience and shop for inventory online while browsing real-time precious metals pricing.
The point of sale platform was introduced at last month’s American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money convention in Rosemont, Ill. Here’s how it works: Using a traditional or
tablet-based computer, retail coin dealers tap into Dillon Gage Metal’s proprietary FizTrade
network, allowing them access to an immense selection of coins priced according to the current market. This technology allows retail coin dealers the opportunity to interact with customers on the floor where they can display, discuss and conduct sales of product beyond what is available in store. Key
advantages of the point of sale platform include a much wider selection of coin inventory than what the retailer typically maintains on-site, and customers get the benefit of locking in real-time prices for their purchases. Dillon Gage clients who utilize the portal are able to brand it with their company logo and produce receipts for their customers that bear the dealers’ name and company information.
“The point of sale platform is designed to engage and enhance the retail experience and customer interaction while creating efficiencies for the shop owner,” said Terry Hanlon, president of Dillon Gage Metals. “Dealers are particularly excited about this technology, which allows the customer to lock in the current metal’s price for purchases from a much wider inventory than dealers traditionally have on hand. This technology gets the retail sales force out from behind the counter and into a more hands-on sales consultation for a measurable return on investment. Additionally, the FizTrade Point of Sale component reduces the dealer’s market risk because they are selling and buying the metal based on the same spot market price. In a volatile market, this is extremely beneficial”
The real-time pricing feature is expected to add an additional layer of trustworthiness to the sales process. Even in the most volatile markets customers can view up-to-the-second pricing information while engaged in the sales process. Retail coin dealers have the ability to customize their own premiums for each product in the online catalog. “We find that dealers like having access to a full product catalog from which they can manage premiums and sell their own product as well,” stated John Humphrey, executive vice president of Dillon Gage’s Digital Metals.”
With the addition of the point of sale platform on the FizTrade network, Dillon Gage Metals demonstrates their commitment to remaining the industry leading wholesaler when it comes to dealer-friendly technological advancements in the precious metals marketplace. Watch a brief video that explains the new Dillon Gage Metals point of sale platform. For more information, please visit www.dillongage.com or call (800) 375-4653.
About Dillon Gage Metals
Dillon Gage Inc. of Dallas (DillonGage.com), founded in 1976, includes:
- Dillon Gage Metals (www.DillonGage.com/Metals), one of the world’s largest precious metals wholesale trading firms. The firm is an authorized purchaser for all major world mints and maintains inventory in over 20 countries around the world. 800-375-4653.
- FizTrade Online Trading (www.FizTrade.com) offers real-time bid/ask trading platform for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. 800-375-4653
- Digital Metals (www.DigitalMetals.com) delivers advanced tools and technologies that enable market participants to be more successful in their businesses. Digital Metals offers cloud-based solutions for physical precious metals marketplace built upon the Digital Metals Platform. 866-494-3577.
- Dillon Gage Refining (www.dillongage.com/refining/why-dg), professional assayers and refiners of precious metal scrap, from low grade to karat scrap. Stone removal services and diamond experts on staff. 888-436-3489
- International Depository Services Group with locations in Delaware, USA (www.ids-delaware.com; 888-322-2431), and Ontario, Canada (www.idsofcanada.com; 855-362- 2431), offers secure, efficient and insured precious metals and certified coin depositories that focus of custom business logistics solutions which include storage, fulfillment, inventory managements and many other value added services.