Expanding its global footprint to serve the Asian market
ADDISON, TX (January 26, 2017) – Dillon Gage Metals, an international precious metals wholesaler, announces the opening of a Singapore-based office to further their business interests in the buying, selling and trading of physical precious metals on a global stage. The newly formed entity will be known as Dillon Gage Asia, a.k.a. Dillon Gage Asia Private Ltd.
“Establishing a Dillon Gage trading office in Singapore was a logical step for us as a wholesale trading company,” stated Terry Hanlon, president of Dillon Gage Metals. “Our existing business coupled with the current level of market activity, institutional investor interest and momentum all favor Singapore as a vital precious metals hub.”
Thom McMahon has been named as Dillon Gage Asiaâ€™s Chief Executive Officer. With an extended presence in the region for over a decade, McMahon has been an influential participant in helping develop the metals market in Asia. His overall experience in the global precious metals trade, makes him an ideal candidate to head up Dillon Gage’s business efforts in Asia.
“Our physical expansion into southeast Asia and the subsequent appointment of Thom McMahon gives us even more leverage and a greater capacity to service our clients in Asia more efficiently,” continued Hanlon.
With this strategic expansion, Dillon Gage Metals is now poised to increase their global footprint in a burgeoning precious metals market area. To continue providing expedited delivery in the immediate region, Dillon Gage Metals plans to supply and maintain locally based inventory of highly desirable product lines such as silver and gold Canadian Maple Leafs, kilo gold bars and 100 ounce silver bars.
In recent years, Singapore has been transitioning into a global gold hub, challenging the previous dominance of traditional locales such as London and Switzerland. Beginning in 2012, Singapore’s removal of a seven percent tax on investment metals spurred investment interest. It is now estimated that 80 percent of the leading global commodities firms maintain a presence in this economic sector, employing approximately 15,000 people. The prestigious research firm Wealth Insight predicts that Singapore will overtake Switzerland as the world’s largest hub of offshore-based wealth by the year 2020.
Dillon Gage Asia will reside at 30 Cecil Street, Level 27, Prudential Tower, Singapore 049712. For more information, please visit dillongage.com/DGAsia or call +65 91690305 (800)375-4653.
About Dillon Gage Metals
Dillon Gage Inc. of Dallas (DillonGage.com), founded in 1976, companies include:
- Dillon Gage Metals (www.DillonGage.com/Metals), one of the world’s largest precious metals wholesale trading firms. The firm is an authorized purchaser for all major world mints and maintains inventory in over 20 countries around the world. 800-375-4653
- FizTrade Online Trading (www.FizTrade.com) offers real-time bid/ask trading platform for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. 800-375-4653
- Digital Metals (www.DigitalMetals.com) delivers advanced tools and technologies that enable market participants to be more successful in their businesses. Digital Metals offers cloud-based solutions for physical precious metals marketplace built upon the Digital Metals Platform. 866-494-3577
- Dillon Gage Refining (www.dillongage.com/refining/why-dg), professional assayers and refiners of precious metal scrap, from low grade to karat scrap. Stone removal services and diamond experts on staff. 888-436-3489
- International Depository Services Group with locations in Delaware, USA (www.ids-delaware.com; 888-322-2431), and Ontario, Canada (www.idsofcanada.com; 855-362-2431), offers secure, efficient and insured precious metals and certified coin depositories that focus of custom business logistics solutions which include storage, fulfillment, inventory managements and many other value added services.
Senior Account Manager