Incuse Struck Design on Both Sides Offered by Dillon Gage
ADDISON, Texas (Jan. 17, 2018) – Dillon Gage Metals, one of the world’s largest precious metals wholesale firms, is pleased to announce the release of a unique and innovative bullion coin. The Royal Canadian Mint is issuing a first-ever incused version of its flagship Silver Maple Leaf coin.
Whereas most coins feature raised design features, only a select few have been issued with sunken images, known as incuse. Perhaps the best-known examples of this minting style are the $2.50 and $5 Indian gold coins struck from 1908-1929 by the United States Mint. Since then, very few mints have attempted an incused design. This style is more challenging to strike and, thus, highly unusual and desirable in the marketplace.
“For coin collectors and investors everywhere, this version of the Silver Maple Leaf will be a must-have,” stated Terry Hanlon, president of Dillon Gage Metals. “These editions represent the first time that the Royal Canadian Mint has offered a double-sided incuse strike on a bullion coin. We expect a high degree of interest from our coin dealer networks.”
Just like the standard bullion edition, the 2018 Incused Silver Maple Leaf is struck in .9999 pure silver and carries an official face value of $5 Canadian dollars. The iconic design elements are; Walter Ott’s famous maple leaf motif on the reverse and Canada’s beloved monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, on the obverse. In addition, all the Silver Maple Leaf’s advanced security features are present on the incused version. This includes the precise radial lines on both sides, a laser-engraved watermark, and Bullion DNA anti-counterfeiting technology. In essence, the incused edition incorporates all the Silver Maple’s attractive features – plus the unique design format.
This limited-mintage special release will be available to dealers from Dillon Gage. For information and pricing call (800) 375-4653 or go to www.dillongage.com to purchase on the electronic trading platform, FizTrade.com.
About Dillon Gage Metals
Dillon Gage Inc. of Dallas (DillonGage.com), founded in 1976, companies include:
- Dillon Gage Metals (www.DillonGage.com/Metals) is one of the world’s largest precious metals wholesale trading firms. The firm is an authorized purchaser for all major world mints and maintains inventory in over 20 countries around the world. 800-375-4653
- FizTrade Online Trading (www.FizTrade.com) offers real-time bid/ask trading platform for gold, silver, platinum and palladium. 800-375-4653
- Digital Metals (www.DigitalMetals.com) delivers advanced tools and technologies that enable market participants to be more successful in their businesses. Digital Metals offers cloud-based solutions for physical precious metals marketplace built upon the Digital Metals Platform. 866-494-3577
- Dillon Gage Refining (www.dillongage.com/refining/why-dg), professional assayers and refiners of precious metal scrap, from low grade to karat scrap. Stone removal services and diamond experts on staff. 888-436-3489
- International Depository Services Group with locations in Delaware, USA (www.ids-delaware.com; 888-322-2431), Texas (www.idsoftexas.com; 888-322-6150) and Ontario, Canada (www.idsofcanada.com; 855-362-2431), offers secure, efficient and insured precious metals and certified coin depositories that focus of custom business logistics solutions which include storage, fulfillment, inventory managements and many other value-added services.
Senior Account Manager